Job Vacancy for Environmental Leadership Program
SCOPE OF WORK
Position Title : Program Officer
Primary Location : Jakarta, Indonesia
Position Status : Consultant, full time, semi-flex time
Contract Duration : 12 months (April 2019 – April 2020), renewable
United in Diversity (UID) is an Indonesian not-for-profit NGO that works to enable systemic shifts through synergy and collaboration across Indonesia’s pillars of society (government-business-civil society) to create economic growth that is ecologically responsible, socially equitable, and spiritually balanced. For fifteen years, we have been developing models for cultivating collective leadership capacity for addressing complex, systemic issues. These models operate by creating enabling conditions that allow for deep, holistic, shared understanding of our common challenges, and catalyzing collaborative efforts to address them.
UID is currently initiating a new leadership capacity building program for Indonesia’s emerging leaders in the environmental sector, with a focus on grassroots and local leaders from all pillars of society (business, civil society, and government). Piloting with a 12-months initiative beginning in April 2019, the program is supported by one of the key environmental funders in Indonesia and aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To grow cross-sector collective leadership with an awareness for whole-system change and sustainable development;
- To cultivate an active support system for these emerging leaders consisting of peer network, mentor network, as well as access to funding and other resources and opportunities;
- To accelerate alumni impact in innovating collaborative platforms, institutional models, wealth creation models, and policy decision making process that will ultimately shift the system towards equitable and sustainable natural capital management.
To ensure our ability to deliver the program, UID is seeking to expand our organizational capacity by recruiting a program officer to support the implementing team.
Your role is vital in strengthening UID’s managerial and administrative capacity. In performing your role, you will be working with and reporting directly to the Program Manager, and also with UID Faculty and the program’s external consultants. Additionally, you will also be liaising with a wide range of thought partners that include people and institutions from civil society, private sector, and government at national and local/sub-national levels. Additional responsibilities will include coordinating with other UID programs to identify potential follow-on or complementary programming and knowledge-sharing activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide managerial support throughout the program’s implementation in all aspects, from preparation and recruitment, delivery, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist in liaising with the program’s consultants to ensure all outputs are in line with desired deadlines and expectations.
- Assist with the documentation and the management of knowledge throughout the program implementation, including the creation of reporting documents.
- Liaise with and contribute to productive relationship building, communications and contributions among program participants, implementing team, UID staff, and other program stakeholders so that the program objectives can be achieved through focused, effective collaborations.
- Work with the Communications Officer to convey the program’s key messaging and story-telling through various outlets such as program collaterals, social media, and other forms of digital or published communication.
- Assist the Program Manager in preparing reports and presentations as required by Stakeholders.
- Contribute in the program’s future development both conceptually and by supporting the creation of future proposals.
- Assist in any other tasks or duties assigned by the Project Manager, Learning Facilitator and Division Manager, UID Faculty and CEO as required for the program’s smooth and timely implementation.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Program Manager
WORKS WITH: UID Faculty team, UID managerial-operational Team, Communications Officer.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years professional background in capacity building and/or environmental and sustainability programs.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and in engaging with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in project management, networking, program implementation, and documentation (photos, videos, as well as report creation) especially as related to capacity building and/or environmental and sustainability programs.
- BA or BS degree or higher. The field/major doesn’t matter so much as your professional experience.
- Fluency in verbal and proper written English and Bahasa Indonesia communication is essential.
- Ability to multi-task, follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members is essential.
- Ability to perform analytical overview on issues and best efforts in finding creative solutions.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is mandatory.
- Willing to work occasionally as required during evenings and weekends, which could include residential domestic trips and/or after-hour meetings with partners.
- Meticulous and organized;
- Adaptive to change (since the program is in its first piloting/prototyping phase);
- Open to feedback and possess the “Growth” mindset;
- Great teamwork and communication skills;
- Strong self-motivation; work well independently and with less-structured supervision.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION & WORKPLACE
- Small-ish organization (fewer than 20 people, including the front desk staff and custodian).
- Tight-knit, family-friendly, and we try to value the whole-person’s well-being.
- An awesome new office space for you to work in.
- Great for personal growth. You will get to meet, work closely with, and learn from very cool and inspiring people (ministers, business leaders, public figures, global thought leaders and gurus, social entrepreneurs, among others), and visit very cool places and work with leading global and local institutions.
- There’s quite a bit of traveling involved since our clients, partners, and learning activities can take place outside of Jakarta, so you need to be OK with being away from home for a few days at a time, at least 4-5 times a year.
- Keeps you from being a jaded soul: Our fellows/alumni, board members, and program participants are some of the most positive, inspiring people doing all sorts of great work big and small; guaranteed to restore your hope for the future of humanity.
- Be a part of a growing global movement advocating for an alternative narrative for societal wellbeing.
- Very spiritually rewarding work: It’s a lot of effort and it takes time to bear fruit, but at the end of the day you will sleep well knowing you’re contributing positively for the betterment of our planet and society.
SALARY AND APPLICATION:
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, simply upload your CV, share a personal statement, and complete this form: before the end of the day on Thursday, 18 April 2019.
MORE INFORMATION: Ms. Mita Budihardjo,
Posted on 11 April 2019.